1. Every chocolate has its distinctness. Belgian chocolate has the finest quality of cocoa beans – the origins of which are carefully selected and controlled. Beans are processed meticulously and other ingredients of the chocolate like sugar and supportive products are always of standard quality
2. Belgian chocolate contains minimum 35% of cocoa and is a trend setter of the indulgence movement
3. The Belgian chocolate – right from processing till the finish line is produced in Belgium
5. A divine combination of cocoa content along with the sweetness and the intensity of the flavor
5 THINGS YOU GOT TO REMEMBER ABOUT MAGNUM
1. Magnum ice creams are made with 100% pure Belgian chocolate. They are delicious, creamy ice-creams covered in a thick layer of Belgian chocolate shell
2. Magnum’s “distinctive crack”- The sound and sight of the Belgian chocolate shell breaking when one first bites into the ice cream is signature Magnum
(Magnum Sundae enjoyed with mushy bananas and savory peanut butter)
Magnum – 2 no
Sugar – 1 cup
Water ¼ cup
Lemon juice – 1tsp
Cream – 1 ¼ cup
Peanut Butter — 80gms
Peanuts toasted – ¼ cup
Banana – 1 no
Sea salt – a pinch
· Put sugar, water and lemon juice in a pan and cook till the sugar gets a nice golden caramel colour.
· Remove the pan from fire and add sliced banana, toss and immediately add cream. Mix it well till it turns into a sauce consistency. Now drop in the peanut butter and sea salt and mix it nicely. Transfer to a bowl.
· In the meantime open your favourite magnum bar. Carefully place one hand on the bar and with the other hand gently pulls out the magnum stick. Now using a sharp knife cut large chunks of the ice cream.
· In an ice cream bowl drizzle some peanut butter caramel with banana. Add magnum chunks. Drizzle some more of caramel sauce with bananas. Garnish with roasted peanuts.
Chef Kunal (Executive Sous Chef, The Leela, Gurgaon) has been recognised amongst the Best Chefs in India by National Weekly Magazine – India Today. Recently, the Food & Nightlife Magazine adjudged him as the “Gourmet Guru”.
He has been a judge cum host along with Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar, on India’s first reality based food show called Masterchef India and has been an integral part of all three seasons till date. Currently he is a judge cum host for Junior Masterchef India. In fact, Mr. Vir Sanghvi, the Editorial Director of Hindustan Times quoted him as “The real star of Masterchef India.”
All the restaurants he has managed so far have been successful to evoke the tastes and memories of divine food. He is also the proud chef of “DIYA” the specialty Indian restaurant at Leela Kempinski, Gurgaon which has won the Best Indian restaurant FOUR times in a row in Gurgaon and rated amongst the top 5 Indian restaurants in Delhi and Delhi NCR.
Jigs Kalra the scion of Indian food quoted “Kunal is the next big guy in Kebabs & Curries in India.” Kunal has taken a way forward in managing specialty restaurants with his passion and flair for cooking. It’s an exemplary fact that he has won Best restaurant awards 7 times in his career spanning 13 years.
He has an in-depth understanding of North-West Frontier, Punjabi, Awadhi, Dakshin, Italian, European and Goan cuisines and super specialisation in Indian Curries and Kebabs. Chef Kunal who is quoted as `Rightly dubbed master of what he does’, is passionate about – Food, Photography & Travel.
Magnum on Facebook : www.facebook.com/MagnumINDChef Kunal Kapur’s page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/chefkunalfanpage
Thanks to FBAI for inviting me for this event. It was a great one.