I and my spouse always carry lunch to office as eating in the office cafeteria is unhealthy. But sometimes, packing food is a challenge for me. I am constantly worried about leakage of curries in our laptop bags or in the car. I love to try different types of lunch boxes. Recently, I came across Homepuff’s lunch boxes and bought 2 of them for my family. One is Homepuff Vacuum insulated stainless steel tiffin box with bag and another one is Homepuff borosilicate glass lunch box with carry bag. Today’s post is about Homepuff Lunch Box Review.
Homepuff Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Tiffin Box with Bag (Grey)
The old age insulated meal boxes are bulky. They keep the meals hot for some time, but they are not leak proof. Travelling with those lunch boxes is also a nightmare as you have to be sure that the lunch box does not tilt as it might leak. Nowadays there are better lunch boxes available in the market. One such product is Homepuff Vacuum insulated lunch box.
The Homepuff Vacuum insulated lunch box is made of stainless steel. It keeps food hot for upto 5 hours and cold for upto 9 hours. The lunch box comes with 3 stainless containers. The lids of the containers are made of BPA free materials. The double walled insulation technology maintains better heat retention. The lunch box capacity is 1700 ml. A bag is also provided with the lunch box which opens into a tablemat. The inner coating of the bag is made of aluminum foil coated nylon which allows thermal insulation by locking internal air. The lunch box comes with 1 year manufacturing warranty.
I used the lunch box to pack different types of dishes like idlis, chapatti and subzi, fried fish, fish curry, dal palak, rava fried potato, soya chunks pulao, hakka noodles, pasta, etc. The food remained fresh and warm. Best part is the food did not smell bad when the lunch box was opened.
Features and Observations:
- The lunch box looks stylish
- Contains 3 separate containers to keep food without mixing
- The lunch box and the inner containers are made of high quality stainless. The lids are made of BPA free materials
- Comes with an innovative bag which opens into a tablemat. This is ideal for people who eat at their desk.
- Ideal for carrying to office, picnics, or short trips
- Ideal for Indian food like curries and subzis
- 100% leak proof
- The containers inside the lunch box are wide mouthed, thus making it easy to eat from and also to clean. The edges of container are smooth
- The lids are easy to open
- The handle is comfortable and easy to carry around. No need to worry about it falling from hands
- Keeps food warm for upto 6 hours and cold for upto 9 hours
- Ideal for gifting too
- Dishwasher safe
- Rust free and corrosion resistant
- The product is big in size
- Not suitable for small school kids below class 5, as they might find it difficult to handle
- Product is expensive, but given all the features it is worth it
Homepuff – Borosilicate glass lunch box with carry bag 640 ML, Set of 2
Now let me tell you about the next product that I tried from Homepuff – Borosilicate glass lunch box with carry bag 640 ML, Set of 2. In this lunch box you can carry, idlis and sambar, rice and fish curry or chapatis and curry or subzi. The glass containers are leak proof and airtight. It comes with a light carry bag which makes portability easy from place to place.
This lunch box is made from high quality borosilicate glass which is safe for use in microwave and conventional ovens. It does not crack under high heat. The lunch box is also freezer proof and is a good option for storage too.
Features and Observations:
- Airtight and leak proof due to the perfectly designed silicone ring
- Safe for use in freeze, microwave and conventional ovens
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Stackable containers which can be used for storing dry fruits or sweets too
- No chemical leaching into the food even when hot food is poured in thus making it healthier than plastic containers
- Does not leave stains after carrying oily spicy Indian curries
- Comes with a light weight carry bag which makes it easy to carry the lunch box from place to place.
- Not suitable for children as any accidental fall will break the glass
- The bag is washable, made of premium fabric and looks rich, elegant and sophisticated
- 1 year manufacturing warranty
- Expensive compared to plastic lunch boxes
You can purchase these products from Homepuff website or amazon.Following are the link on amazon:
I am also announcing a giveaway on my Instagram page where you can win the Homepuff – Borosilicate glass lunch box with carry bag 640 ML, Set of 2. The giveaway post is here – https://www.instagram.com/p/BtJK7HGg8AQ/
Rules to participate in the giveaway:
1) All you have to do is visit my instagram page www.instagram.com/rakshaskitchen and follow me and Homepuff on instagram. Following are the links to follow:
2) Tell me what you would pack in the Borosilicate glass lunch box if you win it and tag 2 of your friends in comments.
3) Repost the giveaway post in your public profile. Tag me i.e @rakshaskitchen and @homepuff in your post.
3) Also share the giveaway in your insta story by tagging me.
The giveaway starts on 28th January 2019 and ends on 10th February 2019. This giveaway is open for Indian residents only.
1 lucky winner will be announced on 15th February 2019 on my instagram page and on this blog post. The prize will be shipped to the winner by Homepuff.
This post might contain affiliate links.
Note: This post is written in association with Homepuff. All opinions expressed are my own.