2 years back I had been to California on a short vacation of 10 days. I stayed in one of the 5-star residence hotel. My single bedroom suite provided all the comforts and luxuries. It also had a fully equipped kitchen with an expensive dining bar. The kitchen was equipped with stove, chimney, oven, fridge, kettle, utensils, crockery and a Bosch dishwasher which made my stay enjoyable.
I used to shop for grocery from the local mall and cook different Indian dishes in my hotel room. After eating food my hubby used to load the dishwasher and we used to then freak out touring the city. Oh, I loved the dishwasher as after returning back, the utensils used to be sparkling clean and dry. Ever since then I loved the dishwasher and wished that one day or other I will get it home 🙂
Some weeks back my hubby surprised me by saying that he is buying a dishwasher for me. I jumped up with joy as I knew that this is one of the best thing which will come home. Soon an appointment was fixed with a technician who visited my home for site inspection. After the dishwasher was delivered, the technician visited and installed the product and also gave me a demo.
Soon I started using my dishwasher. Every morning after cooking food and packing the lunch boxes, I would load the dishwasher and leave for office. It does a fab job of cleaning the utensils, drying them and leaving them sparkling clean by keeping its mouth shut. Opps… I mean it does the job silently. I don’t have to listen to my maid’s tantrums any more. The normal utensil washing activity in any Indian household is noisy and messy. I am in love with the dishwasher as it does the fab job of cleaning utensils noise free.
You all know how Indian cooking is. We cook in heavy kadais. But right from the milk vessel, tea utensil, oily kadai and rice cooker inner utensil, all the utensils came out sparkling clean. The tava which I used for frying fish too was neat and clean. All the bowls and kadais should be placed upside down as the water gets jet-splashed from the bottom. There is a separate stand provided for small spoons and forks.
It is better to use the detergent recommended by BOSCH for the dishwasher. Just add it to the small compartment meant for detergent. For reducing water hardness, salt is added to a compartment in the dishwasher. Rinse-aid is also added for shine and also to prevent water spots which normally remain on utensils after washing them. A 200 ml bottle of rinse-aid lasts for approximately 3 months.
The entire washing cycle takes approx. 2 hours, but you can set the program to run the cleaning cycle for 30 minutes too. This depends on how badly your utensils are spoiled. It also does not consume much water as compared to manual washing where the tap is left open. And yes, it does not consume much electricity too. So do not worry about the electricity bills.
The compartments are designed in such a way that all the utensils fit properly. The plates, bowls, small glasses, big woks or big kadais, tavas, etc. fit in properly. You can set different temperatures for washing the utensils. You can choose intensive program for those badly or heavily soiled utensils. For glass and plastics, you can set the temperature to 40 degrees or less and also set less time as these utensils do not need much time to be cleaned.
Oh yes, the utensils get dried too. You need not wipe them clean to store them in the kitchen cabinets. They are sparkling clean and dry after the wash.
1) Consumes less water compared to manual cleaning of utensils where the tap water is left open for long time.
2) Consumes very less power, so do not worry about electricity bills.
3) Makes the utensils sparkling clean.
4) Dries the utensils and they get ready to be stored in kitchen cabinets.
5) Different settings are available for the wash. So depending on whether the utensil needs heavy cleaning or mild, you can set the temperature and time.
6) Child lock option for door is present.
7) If in case there is a power cut-off in the middle while the washing cycle is on, the product automatically resumes the washing cycle from the place from where it paused.
8) There is no sound of utensils being washed. This is a plus point.
9) Vinyl coated basket material helps to keep it rust free.
1) Product is big. You need more space to store this product. But if you have a big kitchen, you can easily store it in the kitchen cabinet. It is the size of a fully automatic washing machine. So if you are planning to build a new home, do keep in mind to design in such a way that you can store your dishwasher.
2) You have to use the cleaning products meant only for dish washers. Normal detergents which are used for manual cleaning won’t work here.
3) Since the product is heavy, it is not possible for one person to move it easily. But I don’t think one will ever need to move it after the installation.
Though there are some cons, they can be neglected as the pros are really too many and the cons are not very major issues. The best thing is that it does the cleaning job noise free. So even at night prior to sleeping, I put on the dishwasher and go to bed. By early morning the utensils come out dry and sparkling clean. I use the dishwasher at night to specially clean the tiffin boxes which comes out sparkling clean in the morning ready for packing food for the day.
With all the pros mentioned, I have really loved the sound of cooking dishes. I now cook food without any worry about the cleaning. I have almost forgotten the sound of washing the dishes 🙂 Hey I should say that this product comes with a 2-year warranty and is worth every penny spent.
The product is available in all electronic stores. So if you are planning to buy one, you can visit any electronic store and purchase it.
To know more about this dishwasher, visit the Bosch website: