Kurkure Bhindi | Crispy Deep Fried Ladyfingers
Kurkuri bhindi or crispy okra fry is a delicious vegetarian starter or vegetarian appetizer recipe made with okra. This okra starter is vegan and gluten-free and is perfect for any occasion and can be served as a side dish during lunch or dinner.
Servings 4 People
- 20 bhindi
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur powder/chat masala
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon tandoori masala / any spicy masala / chicken 65 masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- 2 tablespoon gram flour / besan
- Oil for deep frying
Wash the okra (bhindi) and pat dry.
Slice them into 1 cm pieces. You can also cut the okra vertically into 2 pieces.
Mix all the masalas and apply to the okra pieces.
Add gram flour and rice flour and salt over the spiced okra and mix well.
Heat oil and deep fry the ladyfingers in 4-5 batches.
Drain them on paper towel to remove the excess oil.
- You can add any type of masala for taste. I added chicken 65 masala as my family loves this taste.
- You can use cornflour instead of gram flour for coating the chopped lady fingers.
- Do not leave the flour coated okra in oil for too long. Since they are 1 cm slices, they will cook fast. Just when they turn golden brown on either side, take them out of oil and drain on the kitchen towel.
- You can slice the okra vertically into 2 pieces instead of making 1cm pieces.