Goan Lady Fish Curry / Muddoshi Hooman
The addition of different spices makes the lady fish curry spicy and tamarind makes it tangy. All the flavors blend well and hence this fish curry tastes awesome.
Servings 4 People
- 2 - 3 Lady Fish/Silver whiting Muddoshi
- 1/2 cup grated coconut coconut of small size
- 1 marble sized ball of tamarind
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 radish
- 4-5 dry red chilies / byadgi chilies / shepda
- 5 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
To prepare lady fish curry in Goan style we first clean and wash the fish and marinate it by applying turmeric powder, chili powder and salt and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Apply this to the lady fish and leave it aside for a minimum of 30 minutes.
If you want to marinate for longer time, then keep the marinated fish in refrigerator.
Separately cut the radish into 2 inch long fingers and boil them separately.
Make the gravy:
Grind grated coconut, turmeric powder, tamarind, peppercorns, coriander and red chilies by adding ½ cup water to make gravy. Use a mixer / grinder for grinding.
In kadai, add oil and fry the onions till they turn brownish.
Pour the gravy and stir. Add water 1/2 cup or more if needed.
Add the lady fish and cook on medium flame for 2 minutes.
Add the radish and boil for 10 minutes by covering the utensil.
- The gravy should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- Addition of radish is optional.