I used this app to order food yesterday as I was too tired to cook after returning home from office and also had some guests visiting me. Since they serve authentic North Indian vegetarian food I thought of ordering food using their app. This was the first time that I ordered food using an app on my smart phone. So let me tell you more about the app and my experience and how to install the app and order food.
|Your order looks like this|
After placing an order you will get an SMS and an email that the order has been placed and the nearest Mast Kalandar restaurant where your order will be processed. The SMS says that your food will be delivered within 30 Min’s. I did not want the food within 30 Min’s, so I called them at the number mentioned in the app and informed that I want the order to be delivered after 2 hours for dinner time. Yes, The order arrived on time.
For desserts we ordered these yummy balusha.
We all savored the food and my guests had a great time.
- The select menu consisted of one type of salad, chat, snacks, combos, HP i.e. Halka phulka thali, another special thali, one drink and one type of sweet.
- The food was delivered fresh and hot in seal packed plastic “dabbas”.
- The smaller combos were served in see through packs, however the bigger meals like Thalis or Aaj Ka HP were not served in see-through containers. They were packed in plastic containers and sealed with plastic sheets. There was no way to figure out what type of combo/meal it is without opening it. So I suggest them either to pack it in see through containers or to neatly label the dish with its name on top of the parcel.This will help to easily distribute the meal as per my guests choice.
- The drinks and desserts can be displayed on the menu page itself. There are chances that someone might skip ordering drinks and desserts if mentioned on a separate tab.
- Plastic spoons and tissue papers were provided with every dish.
- The food had a homely taste. It was not very oily nor loaded with spices. Just perfect.
- There might be some variation in the look of the food that is shown on the app and the food that is actually served.
- Packaging charges incur slightly extra cost and this was not properly mentioned on the app during checkout.