During the holiday season I cooked Deviled eggs with shrimps for my family. Today’s recipe is a variation of a deviled eggs. This is a popular dish made in Europe and United States. This dish is known as shrimp deviled eggs. Deviled eggs are also known as stuffed eggs, Russian eggs or angel eggs.
First the eggs are hard-boiled. Then the egg yolks are scooped out and mixed with shrimp pieces, mayonnaise, mustard sauce, black pepper powder and other ingredients. This shrimp and egg yolk paste is then stuffed or piped inside the empty boiled egg white cups. Serve these cold shrimp deviled eggs as appetisers or as starters for the parties.
Ingredients: Prep. Time: 45 mins, Serves: 4
4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
10 shrimps, peeled and de-veined
4 small spring onion bulbs, finely chopped
2 tablespoon mustard sauce
2 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper powder
Few spring onion greens for garnish
Salt to taste
- Heat a skillet and then add butter.
- Add chopped spring onion whites after the butter melts,.
- Fry for 2 minutes till onion turns pinkish.
- Add shrimps, toss till the shrimps get cooked.
- Add garlic powder and mix well.
- Cook for 10 minutes. After cooling, mince the shrimps or chop into very small pieces.
- Take the hard-boiled eggs and scoop out the egg yolks with a spoon. Add the egg yolks to a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork mash it.
- Add mustard sauce, mayonnaise, garlic powder and black pepper powder and mix well. Add a pinch of salt or as per taste and mix.
- Add the onion and shrimp mixture and mix. Keep few shrimp pieces aside for garnishing.
- Take a piping bag or a plastic bag. Cut the corner of the plastic bag. Add the egg yolk and mayo mixture to the piping bag/plastic bag.
- Gently fill the egg white cups with 1 tablespoon of the filling.
- Garnish the deviled eggs with shrimp pieces and spring onion greens.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve cold.